By: Vinod Iyengar
After three long years of not having an #H2OWorld, we finally held our first one in Sydney to a sold-out crowd! We then followed it up with H2O World Dallas in the same week! It was a fantastic and jam-packed event with customers, partners, colleagues, and community members sharing how they leverage H2O.ai to accelerate and transform AI lifecycles. I wanted to share some of my notes and learnings here for folks who couldn’t make it live.
- AI Leaders from AT&T – Mark Austin, Mike Berry, Prince Paulraj, Alan Gray, and Rob Woods shared their vision about AI as a Service and Feature Store a co-innovation from AT&T and H2O.ai. Later Prince & I went on stage with Kuba to talk about all the new updates from Feature Store.
- Sean Otto, Ph.D. talked about how AES New York Renewable Energy Co is using AI for use cases in power generation, Utilities, Commercial trading, and Energy Trading. He shared the AES philosophy on delivering value to the organization.
- Dr. Shailesh Kumar, Chief Data Scientist from Reliance Industries gave a rich talk about digitization and a holistic eight-layered AI stack – Interpretation, Causality, Prediction, Explanation, Controllability, Simulation, Optimization & Adaption.
- Jeremy Elster from Chipotle Mexican Grill shared exciting insights about Building the Data and ML Products at Chipotle with H2O Driverless AI – An AutoML solution to build models with speed.
- Karamjit Singh, Director of AI at Mastercard talked about using AI-driven fraud prevention, transaction processing, and payment optimization.
- Nikolaos Vardakis talked about an interesting use-case of Revenue management Growth at Suntory Beverage & Food Europe
- Jenny Steffens from Hy-Vee discussed how innovation in the AI landscape goes hand in hand with the rapidly evolving Retail Landscape
- Mi Yan and Jolene Huang from the data science team at Intuit shared about incredible automation they have done in ML Platform, how they enabled the capability to use AutoML provided by H2O DriverlessAI to build new models
- Kash Patel, the leader of Hackensack Meridian Health, and Fred Goldstein from Accountable Health, LLC discussed the important topic of population health and precision medicine
- Manish KC (BSMH), Joon Koo (Amgen), Amit Singh (Roosevelt Innovations), and Mukundan Agaram (Roosevelt Innovations) shared their knowledge and discuss trends on why AI will continue to play a critical role in driving business transformation.
Finally, we ended the day with a very heartfelt remembrance and celebration of the life of our dear colleague and friend, Dr.Leland Wilkinson. Jan Gamec performed and gave a wonderful tribute that left everyone teary-eyed. Leland’s legacy lives on through all his contributions to science, math, technology, and art. At H2O.ai, we wanted to honor him by open-sourcing AutoViz and announcing a Leland Wilkison award.
I wanted to thank everyone for making the event so memorable. I’m really looking forward to the next H2O World.
#h2oworld #h2oai #datascience