September 9th, 2016
Introducing H2O Community & Support PortalsRSS Share Category: Community, Customer
At H2O, we enjoy serving our customers and the community, and we take pride in making them successful while using H2O products. Today, we are very excited to announce two great platforms for our customers and for the community to better communicate with H2O. Let’s start with our community first:
The success of every open source project depends on a vibrant community, and having an active community helps to convert an average product into a successful product. So to maintain our commitment to our H2O community, we are releasing an updated community platform at https://community.h2o.ai. This community platform is available for everyone, whether you are new to machine intelligence or are a seasoned veteran. If you are new to machine intelligence or H2O, you have an opportunity to learn from great minds, and if you are a seasoned industry veteran, you can not only enhance your skillset, you can also help others to achieve success.
Our objective is to develop this community in a way where every community member has the opportunity to establish himself or herself as a technology leader or expert by helping others. Every moment you spend here in the community, either by creating or consuming content, will not only help you to learn more, but will also help to establish your own brand as a reputed member of our machine intelligence community. Here are some highlights for our community:
- The community content is distributed into 3 main sections as below:
- Knowledge Base Articles
- The contents in the above sections is distributed among various technology groups called spaces, i.e. Algorithms, H2O, Sparkling Water, Exception, Debugging, Build, etc.
- Every content needs to be part of a specific space so that experts in their space can provide faster and better responses. A list of all spaces is here.
- As a visitor, you are welcome to visit every section of the community and learn from posts from community members.
- Once logged in as community member using OpenID®, you can ask questions, write knowledge base articles, and propose ideas or feature requests for our products.
- You are welcome to provide feedback to others’ content by liking the KB, question, or answer or simply by up-voting an idea.
- As you spend more and more time here in community, you will be given higher roles toward management and improvement of your own community.
- As logged-in member of community, every activity adds points toward your reputation, and as you spend more time in community, you will rank higher among your peers and establish yourself as an expert or a technology leader.
- Please make sure you read the Guidelines before posting a question.
- We are working towards making the site more integrated with other social platforms such as Twitter® and Facebook®, as well as adding support to other OpenID providers.
Now let me introduce our updated enterprise support portal:
H2O has been by over 60K data scientists since its initial release, and now more than 7,000 organizations worldwide use H2O applications, including H2O-3 and Sparkling Water. To assist our enterprise customers, we have revamped our enterprise support portal, which is available at https://support.h2o.ai. With this new portal, we are able to provide SLA-based, 24×7 support for our enterprise customers. Please visit this page to learn about the H2O enterprise support offering. While this support portal is specially catered to assist our enterprise customers, it is also open for everyone who is using any of the free, open source H2O applications.
You can open a support incident with the H2O support team in one of two ways:
- Through the Support Portal
- Please visit to support portal at https://support.h2o.ai, and select “NEW SUPPORT INCIDENT”.
- You don’t need to be logged in to the support portal to open a new incident; however it is advisable to have an account so that you can monitor the ticket progress.
- You will have an opportunity to set up incident priority, i.e. Low, High, Medium, or Urgent.
- By Email
- Send an email to email@example.com describing your problem clearly.
- Please attach any other info within the email in zipped format that could be helpful to identify the root cause.
When opening a support incident, please provide your H2O version, your Hadoop or Spark version (if applicable) and any logs, stack dump, or other information that might be helpful when troubleshooting this problem. Whether you are an H2O enterprise customer or just using one of our free, open source H2O applications, both of these venues are open for you to bring your question or comments. We are listening and are here to help.
We look forward to working with you through our community and support portals.
H2O Support: Customer focused and Community Driven